Monday, March 22, 2010

The Things That We Find

This past week I spent out at Camp Bryerswood for March break camp. 2 Rangers and 1 Pathfinder were allowed in Paxtu Place to "sleep" by themselves. What kind of things could possibly find us?

The mess always finds its way in the cabin or tent. March break camp the mess already found us withing 8 hours of the first day including the mud and the stack of mattresses that soon became a trampoline. The trampoline and stack of matresses may not find us at Guiding Mosaic but I'm pretty sure the mud will at least once and the mess will for sure. Tents always seem harder to clean at the end of the week so mud will be a pleasure to have with us at Mosaic.

You find all kinds of goodies you have misplaced throughout the week when you are packing up. I haven't been to a camp yet where socks and underwear haven't been found. Be careful you make wake up one morning and see them flying on the flagpole. I have learned from experience..... My underwear somehow got outside the tent and ended up on the flagpole. Until this day it is still joked about and I when I am proud to tell people that they my underwear have been up on the flagpole. :)

No matter what camp you go to you are going to find inside jokes among your group of friends that you hang out with. In the 5 days that I was at camp my partners in crime Lollipop and Giggles came up with a chalkboard of jokes that we made up. " Gary the Grass, Hillbilly, and swimming in the kitchen are just to name a few. Along with learning how fun Build a Bear Workshop can be and birds go tweet tweet.
I'm sure the mess and the jokes will find us but we find it?

4 comments: