Sunday, March 28, 2010

Fires Burning = Great Things

Can you imagine over 3000 girls and adults around one big campfire celebration 100 years of Guiding? Campfires bring everyone together in one place. It is a place where everyone can be silly together, make new friends and be in a celebration together.

Over the past 7 years of Guiding I have experienced some of the best campfires and will for sure with years to come. I went from not knowing a single song and being so proud of myself when I learned new song. These are the songs that I know teach the younger girls in Sparks and Brownies.
Thunder, Green Jelly Bean, 3 Little Angels,and When Sally Was a Spark can be the most annoying songs if they are sung enough but they turn out to be everyone loves. They're the ones that bring us and the campfire alive.

Before you do any of this you have to learn how to start a fire. For me, learning how to start a fire just took place this past summer at LIT (leaders in training). My best fire that I ever taken part in, was the very first one I started. After you learn this you can cook and sing. In my past I have made meat loaf over the fire, chicken under a bucket, roast beef underground, sleeping bag stew and much more. Everything tastes really good. It melts in your mouth as you chew and makes you want more.

Campfires are one of the best things that could happen at camp. At Mosaic there will not be only one best thing that will happen, there will be plenty more in the 10 days we are there.

No comments:

Post a Comment