Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Rock and Roll Divas

There is 2500 people dancing and singing in a field in front of the stage. Disco Lights flashing, music blasting, music requests from Spice Girls to the new Katy Perry hit California Girls. If you have guessed that this entry is on the Much Music Video Dance Party, you are correct.

All of us were dressed in our decade costume ready to dance the night away. The night began with Katy Perry, the crowd was nuts. I am still trying to get myself to believe that I danced for the three hours straight without stopping even though I was very tired.
Cameras were flashing; lots of goofy pictures were taken. Then it was time to start our first dance competition. It was the Cha Cha slide. Everyone loves it, the crowd formed lines to do the cha cha. The Macarena and YMCA were also played as competitions. A few Much Music shirts were given out afterwards. Kaitlyn Renaud caught one that was thrown in the crowd.

The music request line up started on the stage all the way to the back field. That is one big line I would say. Maddie the Moose came out and hyped up the crowd some more. She posed for a few pictures then headed off. Members of the special events team went in the crowd and looked for people that were dancing up a storm. They were invited up onto the stage. Cassie went up towards the end of the night.. Despite falling up the stairs she had a good time and danced her heart out. Some of the girls said their favourite part of the night was going around making girls dance The crowd screamed to Michael Jacksons hit song thriller, the video was freaky but well worth watching.

My patrol danced and hung out with Irish girls all night. We took lots of pictures, some of them I have no idea what we were doing but those are the fun ones. We even made a few new friends while dancing. The one thing we should have ALL brought was a water bottle. I thought of it and then said no I will have too much dancing and then i will forget about it. Boy was I ever wrong. I was thirsty when the night was over and still had a 2km hike ahead of me.

The night ended with Love Story by Taylor Swift. Girls left the island smiling and hyped up from the night. Some girls were still singing the songs that were played. Most girls I could imagine had a hard time calming down and sleeping because of the nights events. We had some time to calm down because we were delayed going back to the main land, an emergency vehicle was on the mainland. This was an opportunity I would love to do again and hopefully will have a chance to at the next Guiding Mosaic.

No comments:

Post a Comment